A photograph taken in 1912, a time before Raglan Parade and Liebig Street were paved roads. The Cambourne Clinic building can be seen in the top right hand corner of the photo.
Click to view larger.
Cambourne Clinic History
The Cambourne Clinic was established in 1929, and since this time has grown into a busy family general practice. Our team of doctors, nursing staff, diabetes educators, mental health social workers and administrative staff aim to provide high quality care to our patients at all times.
The Cambourne Clinic Building was constructed in the late 1800s as a doctor’s residence attached to a small hospital at the rear. The hospital became the site for a general medical practice in 1929 established by Dr. Buzzard. In 1959 the clinic moved into the present building. Dr. Ian Barratt has practised here since 1980, later joined by Dr. Quinn in 1988, Dr. Chow in 1995 and Dr. Slattery and Dr. Dunkley in 1999. Dr. Carison joined the partnership in 2012 and Dr. Fairbrother in 2014.
At present Cambourne Clinic is a well established general practice in South West Victoria servicing a variety of people from both the Warrnambool City, nearby towns and the surrounding farming district.
Since its inception in 1929, Cambourne Clinic's team has grown to include 12 general practitioners, 7 practice nurses and 9 administrative staff who pride themselves in providing exceptional health services.